Dr De Jongh completed his medical degree, followed by his degree in orthopaedic surgery at Stellenbosch University. He is in private practice since 1995. He is also affiliated with the Arthroplasty Unit at Tygerberg Academic Hospital (Stellenbosch University):
- External Examinator
- Part-time lecturer
- Complex surgeries
Dr De Jongh specializes in:
- Hip Primary and Revision Arthroplasty
- Hip Arthroscopic Reconstructive Surgery
- AMIS (Anterior Minimally Invasive Surgery)/DAA (Direct Anterior Approach)
- Knee Primary and Revision Arthroplasty
- Knee Arthroscopic Reconstructive Surgery
For continued professional development in orthopaedic surgery, he focuses on meetings and workshops on a national and international level.
Dr Matthew Durrans completed his medical training, as well as his degree in orthopaedic surgery from Stellenbosch University. He also obtained his second degree in orthopaedic surgery from the Colleges of Medicine of Southern Africa. While doing his above degrees, he earned both the Dr. Joe de Beer shoulder prize and the Dr. Spike Erasmus prize. At present he is in full-time private practice at Cape Gate Medi-Clinic. He also dedicates some of his time to Tygerberg Hospital on a sessional base.
Dr Durrans specializes in:
- Lower limb, foot and ankle surgery
- Hip and knee arthroplasty
- Shoulder surgery
- Trauma orthopaedic surgery
- Buttonhole and minimum invasive surgery techniques for the above fields.